Hello again ^^,
So this is going to be more of a proper blog. I hope. Not that I've a clue what a proper blog should consist of but for me it means rambling on some more.
I figured I should probably introduce myself officially so here goes. Brace yourselves. My name's Rosie. But ye knew that. I'm Irish and currently in my final year of school. Big whoop, yes? Well no not really. For those of ye not familiar with the Irish education system, 6th year means Leaving Cert. And Leaving Cert is just no fun. Basically it's our equivalent of the big end of school exams which decide which college we get into and which course and, ultimately, our entire future. No pressure though. It's cool.
But I'm not going to turn this into a rant on the education system. Might, well probably, will do that later but I don't want to be scaring ye off too early. Because, fair warning, when I rant, I rant hard. But anyway.
I actually had an exam for my Leaving Cert today, my oral exam in Irish. Now I know that any Irish people out there are thinking what in the world was I doing setting up a blog on a Wednesday night, the day before my Irish oral. Well. I could pretend it's because I'm that dedicated to writing and really needed my thoughts (and bothers) to be heard. But I think I can trust you guys, so I'll tell you the truth. Procrastinating. What else?
Moving along though, what to tell you...
My favourite movie at the moment is The Notebook. Not very original, I'm aware. My favourite series literally changes from day to day but I'm pretty taken with The Big Bang Theory right now, fancy myself a bit of a nerd so I really do love the science jokes. Also been watching Hart of Dixie and a few other comedies, I'll probably keep you updated. Not like I have any study to do or anything. Music wise, it also varies a lot too. Linkin Park, The Script, Muse, John Mayer, Kasey Chambers- I really could go on all day. My favourite colour is blue, generally, not that it's at all relevant, but there you go.
I guess probably the biggest thing happening in my life these days is the whole end-of-school-start-of-university thing. Applications all sent in, open days attended, just have to do the exams now. Ideally, I'll go to my local-ish Uni to study Biomedical Sciences but the points are very high (Irish education system rears it's ugly head again) so I devised a plan B. Plan B involves moving to Scotland to study Marine Biology actually, which is a pretty scary concept for me. Scotland that is, not Marine Biology, From what I've gathered from my friend the television, moving away to Uni is pretty standard for most countries, but not so much in Ireland I think. Most people I know, especially the guys weirdly enough, tend to go to a Uni near home and live at home for the first year at least. Irish sons and their mammys, you know. But it's starting to seem like I'm going to be a long way from home. Bit frightening. But also quite exciting. I went to Scotland last week for a few days to see the Uni and the residence halls etc and I really liked it, apart from the whole one toilet between 12 people thing. So we'll see. Inseoidh an aimsir, mar a dearfá. I need to get all this Irish out of my head. French on Monday. Sigh.
Until next time,
Rosie
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete