Sunday, 6 May 2012

Bit o' a ramble

Hello people,
I would say sorry for my inconsistent blogging but I don't really think any of you mind much. But if on the off chance you do, I have a good excuse, trust me. Well, excuses. On one hand, things in my personal life have been pretty complicated these days. Not really great timing but anyway. I won't bore you with the details, Hopefully things will start looking up now anyway. Happy thoughts!

But maybe more significantly, the Leaving is getting uncomfortably close now. Technically, I've known the dates since this time last year, but somehow it still managed to creep up on me. Weird how that happens, huh? So yes, the orals are all done but that doesn't really provide as much comfort as I thought it would. Sigh. Next week things get hectic again. My Art practicals begin this coming Thursday and continue through Friday. The Craft is first. If you're interested, that's basically a five hour exam in which you have to produce a full craftwork piece. The themes/topics are given to us but we have quite a lot of freedom in which craft and even in the content. I was always a clay kinda girl myself, but due to a string of missing pieces from the art room, I figured the teacher was trying to tell me something. Laugh, do. It was really not subtle at all. So yes, now poster is my craft, if you can call it that. But in fairness, I do like it a lot. And you can do some pretty cool stuff. My theme for this one is 'World Science Convention'. Sounds boring enough, but I think it'll turn out good. Honestly!
Then Friday is the Still Life and the Life Drawing. They're both pretty self explanatory, I think. Once again the papers give us the set up, but there's much less room for individuality. These are the ones I'm worried about though. I've never liked drawing people. And, I suppose, it doesn't help that they're on my birthday either. Maybe it'll give me some extra luck hey? No harm in hoping. 

But yes, interesting as I'm sure ye're all finding this, school is probably not the most fascinating topic of conversation. This is where I need someone to interrupt me before I ramble! Not sure I'm suited for one-sided talks. Moving on to a more cheerful subject, my friends and I have arranged to go to Portugal for a week after the exams. I'm getting pretty excited now. We've got an apartment on the beach and everything. I myself was hoping for something like 'The Inbetweeners Movie' ( if you haven't seen it, shame on you -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3HzTKbsqsY ) but my best friend seems to expect more of a reenactment of 'Taken'. She's an optimist, as I'm sure you can tell. I haven't actually seen 'Taken', but I did watch this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAkqgeNnFWQ . If you haven't seen the movie, but intend to watch it, I wouldn't click on that link, bit of a spoiler. But for those of you who have the attention span of a chipmunk, like myself, it's quite handy. If only they did the Leaving Cert course like that. 

Ugh. My tea's gone cold. I'm going to have to stop. I've found tea is a necessity for writing and cold tea is never, ever ok. Kay? Good. I'll be back soon. Unless these exams kill me, which at the moment is a very real possibility. Shlater folks ^^
Rosie

The last poster I did


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete