Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Bloody Scotland

Why hello there internet! 
Long time no talk. Write? Hm. Anyway my last entry was just a descriptive essay I came across and thought I'd put up. Saves me actually having to think, y'know. But this entry, you'll be glad to hear darling readers, is going to consist entirely of me rambling about, most probably, not much at all. Yaaaaay.
Hmm well ok I guess I'd better bring you guys, whoever might read this (why are you reading this?), up to date. Last time I went in to ridiculous irrelevant details of my life, I was in the build up to the Leaving Cert- the biggest, most important and most headwrecking exams of my life. So they began in early June and ran for about three weeks. It was so much fun. Long story short anyway, they went pretty well on the whole I felt. So then two close friends of mine and I jetted off to Portugal to permanently obliterate all we'd learned in our 14 years of schooling with alcohol, in one week. With great success, I might add. My family and I also went to Greece for a month. It was quite hot, to be honest. But nice! Very beautiful.
And then, almost as soon as we got home, exam results were out! Best. Day. Ever.
I feel like I should point out my sarcasm in case there are any Sheldons reading....Maybe I should use italics? Everyone loves italics....
Anyway, turns out I did quite well, very happy. Unfortunately quite well wasn't enough to get me my first choice of Biomed in UCC. So guess where I am as I write this? You got it. Bloody Scotland. In my itsy-bitsy but cosy bedroom on campus in Stirling on a chilly November night, to be exact. But no, I actually really like it here. I'm almost glad I didn't end up going to Uni back home. Here, in Uni accommodation, away from parents etc, life is pretty damn awesome. There are downsides, naturally. Shared bathrooms, doing laundry, the fact that I can't cook anywhere near as well as my mother- but the advantages far outweigh them. Oh and it's cold here. So very,very cold. I kid you not. I've started uttering the phrase 'bloody Scotland' (or worse) on almost every night out when it nears freezing point. Hence the title. 
So yeah! I'll probably share far more inconsequential details about things here you really don't care about in the next few weeks, but that's it for tonight, I think. But I am happy here. I know right, who'd have thought it? Bloody Scotland and all.
Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment